We’ve contacted over 50 pubs, bars, and restaurants across France and northern Spain and found the cheapest pint at the finish line of all 21 Tour stages. Luckily for us, these fine establishments were very patient with our broken French, so now you know exactly where to go to celebrate - or commiserate - when your favorite rider completes their race.
Explore our map below and plan your Tour de la Bière!
The key stats
- So, what’s the cheapest pint? There are in fact two different pubs along the Tour that will serve you a pint for only €4! Hint: one of them is in Spain. On the other side of the coin, the most expensive ‘cheap’ pint on our map comes in at €7.30.
- The Tour might be the pride of France, but it’s Germany that takes out a different kind of prize. Out of the 20 different beers, a quarter of them are German wheat beers - the highest proportion of beer from any one country. We’re certain the German riders will take heart from this victory.
- The average cost of a pint along the Tour won’t break the bank, at €5.88. It only starts to add up if you get yourself a pint at every stage, with a grand total of €117.50. Not bad for 20 pints, though.
- Why only 20 pints for 21 stages, you ask? Sadly, there’s no beer to be found atop Grand Colombier, the 13th stage. While this provides a nice break in the middle of the Tour, it’s a shame there’s no reward at the end of your climb up the mountain (other than the stunning scenery, of course).
- Buying a beer in France and Spain will save you some coin compared to other European countries, as pints are around average or below average in terms of price. Your bank account will be grateful it’s not the Tour de Finland!
- If you’re visiting from abroad, alcohol is a great way to get to know the locals. The French spend almost 2% of household income on drinks alone, so a pint and a bit of Tour chat will go a long way to making some friends.
The full list
|Start and Finish
|Price of pint
|Bilbao to Bilbao
|Vitoria-Gasteiz to San Sebastián
|Amorebieta-Etxano to Bayonne
|Le P'tit Pub
|Dax to Nogaro
|Pau to Laruns
|Tarbes to Cauterets
|La Bodega Cauterets
|Mont-de-Marsan to Bordeaux
|Libourne to Limoges
|Saint-Leonard-de-Noblat to Puy de Dôme
|Saint-Ours-les-Roches to Issoire
|Clermont-Ferrand to Moulins
|Pub Le Francais
|Roanne to Belleville-en-Beaujolais
|Châtillon-sur-Chalaronne to Grand Colombier
|No beer here :(
|Annemasse to Morzine
|Les Gets to Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc
|Les 3 Mousquetons
|Passy to Combloux
|Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc to Courchevel
|Funky Fox Bar
|Moûtiers to Bourg-en-Bresse
|Moirans-en-Montagne to Poligny
|Belfort to Le Markstein
|1183 Table de Caractère
|Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines to Paris
|The Freedom Pub
Let us know if you’re interested in any more stats, and give us a shout if you want to feature our map!